Music is constantly evolving, with new artists and albums emerging all the time. Staying on top of the latest releases can be a daunting task, but fear not! We’ve compiled a list of nine new albums that you should definitely have on your radar. From catchy pop to experimental rock, there’s something here for everyone to enjoy. So, without further ado, here are nine new albums you should listen to now.
1. “Hotline TNT” by Omar Apollo: Combining elements of R&B, funk, and soul, Omar Apollo’s “Hotline TNT” is a genre-bending masterpiece. With infectious grooves and Apollo’s smooth vocals, this album is sure to get you dancing.
2. “Tkay” by Tkay Maidza: Australian rapper Tkay Maidza delivers a powerful and confident debut album with “Tkay.” Blending hip-hop and pop influences, Maidza’s catchy hooks and dynamic energy make for an exhilarating listening experience.
3. “Marnie Stern” by Marnie Stern: Known for her intricate guitar skills, Marnie Stern takes it to the next level on her self-titled album. Filled with complex riffs and introspective lyrics, Stern’s latest effort showcases her growth as an artist.
4. “Detroit Stories” by Alice Cooper: Rock legend Alice Cooper revisits his roots in “Detroit Stories.” This album pays homage to the city’s rock scene, featuring catchy anthems and Cooper’s signature theatrical flair.
5. “Lush” by Snail Mail: Indie sensation Snail Mail’s debut album, “Lush,” is filled with dreamy introspection and raw emotions. With introspective lyrics and beautiful melodies, Snail Mail delivers a compelling record that will resonate with listeners.
6. “Ode to Joy” by Wilco: Wilco returns with “Ode to Joy,” a collection of introspective and contemplative songs. The album captures the band’s signature alt-country sound while delving into themes of love, connection, and finding solace in troubled times.
7. “Where Neon Goes to Die” by Steven A. Clark: Blending R&B, funk, and electronic elements, Steven A. Clark creates a mesmerizing sonic experience in “Where Neon Goes to Die.” Clark’s soulful vocals combined with the album’s slick production make for a captivating listen.
8. “Veteran” by JPEGMAFIA: Experimental hip-hop artist JPEGMAFIA pushes the boundaries with “Veteran.” Filled with abrasive beats and confrontational lyrics, this album is a politically charged and thought-provoking statement.
9. “Remind Me Tomorrow” by Sharon Van Etten: Sharon Van Etten’s fifth studio album, “Remind Me Tomorrow,” showcases her evolution as an artist. With her enchanting vocals and powerful songwriting, Van Etten explores themes of growth and self-discovery.
These nine albums represent a diverse range of genres and artistic styles, each offering a unique listening experience. Whether you’re a fan of rock, hip-hop, pop, or something in between, there’s something on this list that will captivate your ears. So, go ahead and give these albums a listen, and discover your new favorite artists.