In recent years, there has been a growing trend of metal bands putting their own spin on classic Disney songs. These epic metal covers take the beloved melodies we all know and love from our favorite childhood movies, and give them a heavy and often darker edge. Here, we present 10 of the most epic metal covers of Disney classics that have captured the hearts of fans around the world.
1. “Let It Go” – Frozen (Cover by Betraying The Martyrs): Starting off our list is the iconic anthem from Frozen. Betraying The Martyrs’ cover takes the uplifting and empowering message of the original and turns it into a full-fledged metal anthem, complete with growling vocals and shredding guitar solos.
2. “Part of Your World” – The Little Mermaid (Cover by Trivium): Trivium’s reimagining of this beloved Disney ballad is nothing short of majestic. With their signature heavy riffs and powerful vocals, they manage to capture both the vulnerability and yearning expressed in the original song.
3. “A Whole New World” – Aladdin (Cover by PelleK and Raon Lee): PelleK and Raon Lee’s collaboration on this classic Disney duet is a flawless blend of their amazing vocal talents. The metal instrumentation adds an extra layer of intensity, making the magical journey even more captivating.
4. “Be Prepared” – The Lion King (Cover by Leo Moracchioli): Leo Moracchioli, known for his energetic metal covers, puts his unique stamp on Scar’s villainous tune from The Lion King. With his high-energy vocals and heavy guitar riffs, this cover truly captures the essence of Scar’s nefarious character.
5. “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” – Mulan (Cover by Jonathan Young): Jonathan Young’s metal cover of the training montage song from Mulan is an absolute powerhouse. He effortlessly combines the aggression and determination found in the original with heavy guitar riffs, creating an intense and motivating experience.
6. “Circle of Life” – The Lion King (Cover by Exit Eden): Exit Eden’s interpretation of the iconic opening song from The Lion King is a truly enchanting experience. Their harmonious vocals intertwine with the powerful guitar work, giving the song an otherworldly quality.
7. “Colors of the Wind” – Pocahontas (Cover by Tengger Cavalry): Tengger Cavalry, known for blending traditional Mongolian music with heavy metal, takes on Pocahontas’ empowering song about respecting and embracing nature. The result is a unique fusion of eastern influences and metal energy.
8. “Gaston” – Beauty and the Beast (Cover by Van Canto): Van Canto’s a cappella metal style breathes new life into the flamboyant and ego-filled tune by Gaston. With rich vocal harmonies and dynamic percussion, this cover captures the boisterous spirit of the original.
9. “The Bare Necessities” – The Jungle Book (Cover by August Burns Red): August Burns Red’s metalcore version of this catchy jungle tune is a wild ride from start to finish. Their intense breakdowns and fierce growls perfectly complement the playful nature of the lyrics.
10. “Hellfire” – The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Cover by Escape the Fate): Escape the Fate delivers a hauntingly beautiful rendition of Frollo’s dark and conflicted song. The heavy guitars and emotionally charged vocals make this cover an intense and captivating portrayal of the character’s inner turmoil.
These epic metal covers of Disney classics demonstrate the versatility of these timeless melodies. They serve as a reminder that even the most iconic songs can be reimagined and given a whole new life in the world of heavy metal. So, whether you’re a fan of Disney or a metal enthusiast, these covers are sure to make you see these classics in a whole new light.