Skateboarding and pop punk music have always gone hand in hand. From the fast-paced beats to the energetic and rebellious lyrics, there’s something about this genre that perfectly complements the adrenaline rush of cruising on a skateboard. In this article, we’ll take a trip down memory lane and explore the ten best pop punk songs you likely blasted while skateboarding.
1. “All The Small Things” by Blink-182: No pop punk playlist would be complete without this iconic anthem. With its catchy chorus and infectious energy, it’s no wonder this song became a timeless favorite for skaters worldwide.
2. “Basket Case” by Green Day: This classic from the ’90s never fails to get the blood pumping. Known for their punk influences, Green Day’s “Basket Case” is the epitome of pop punk rebellion and is sure to have you speeding through skate parks.
3. “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” by Fall Out Boy: Fall Out Boy dominated the mid-2000s pop punk scene, and this track became an instant hit. With its unforgettable guitar riffs and bold lyrics, it’s perfect for those skateboarding sessions that require an extra dose of attitude.
4. “My Friends Over You” by New Found Glory: This song captures the essence of pop punk perfectly. Bursting with energy and catchy hooks, it’s an anthem for every skateboarder who prefers the company of their friends over everything else.
5. “First Date” by Blink-182: Another hit from Blink-182, “First Date,” combines Mark Hoppus’ infectious basslines with playful lyrics, creating a track that’s perfect for cruising around town on a sunny day.
6. “Misery Business” by Paramore: While Paramore may be known for their softer side, “Misery Business” is undeniably pop punk gold. Its guitar-driven sound, coupled with Hayley Williams’ powerful vocals, makes it an ideal song to blast while nailing tricks at the skatepark.
7. “When I Come Around” by Green Day: With its distinctive intro and unforgettable melody, this Green Day classic is a staple in any pop punk playlist. The rebellious spirit of the song resonates well with skateboarders who thrive on pushing boundaries.
8. “Fat Lip” by Sum 41: Sum 41 burst onto the music scene with their unique blend of punk and pop, and “Fat Lip” perfectly exemplifies their sound. Packed with energy, this track will have you kick-flipping over obstacles with an extra boost of adrenaline.
9. “American Idiot” by Green Day: Green Day makes another appearance on this list with their politically charged anthem “American Idiot.” Its powerful lyrics and thunderous guitar riffs make it an ideal track for those intense skateboarding sessions.
10. “Teenagers” by My Chemical Romance: While My Chemical Romance is often associated with the emo genre, this particular song showcases their pop punk influences. The raw energy of “Teenagers” perfectly complements the sense of liberation one feels while skateboarding.
Whether you’re a professional skateboarder or just enjoy riding your board for fun, there’s no denying that pop punk music has been an integral part of the skateboarding culture. From Blink-182 to Green Day and numerous other pop punk bands, these songs have provided the soundtrack to countless skateboarding adventures. So, grab your skateboard, put on your headphones, and let these ten pop punk tracks fuel your ride.